How Cloud Solutions Can Help Achieve Professional Resolutions
We’re a month into the New Year and there is finally time to start working toward your annual New Year’s resolutions. Personally, I try to think of a few for both my personal (that holiday weight isn’t going to work itself off!) and professional life.
From a professional perspective, I often see the start of the year as an opportunity to reset and renew the work I’m doing—always with the goal of maintaining a balance between my life at home and my life at the office. So, what it really boils down to is: how can I make 2017 a more productive year than the last? The answer? Make the most of cloud solutions.
You might ask. “What does the cloud have to do with my New Year’s resolution?” Simple: cloud enables productivity and flexibility. When implemented strategically, cloud can help give you a boost in the New Year to realize unprecedented levels of efficiency.
To start, cloud solutions, such as Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), can expand productivity and enable a virtual workplace for anywhere, anytime, always-on access to company resources in support of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Here are just a few ways your organization can use cloud to enable a more productive workplace:
- Simplicity: In today’s fast-paced environment, employees need the ability to simplify their lives whenever possible so they may focus on more complex matters. BYOD, a practice that is enabled by the cloud, is a great way to streamline communications for employees by enabling them to use their own IT equipment to do their work anytime, anywhere.
- A personal device will not only boost morale, but will also result in productivity enhancements and relieves the burden on IT spend and equipment management. To help managers maintain the mobile workforce, an EMM solution can provide a simplified portal to manage devices for security and personnel provisioning.
- Productivity: DaaS is another solution that can empower employees to take their work from the office, to just about anywhere on a controlled, centralized and secure platform with access to applications and data via a virtual desktop. With DaaS, the corporate desktop becomes an isolated application on the device, away from any personal content that lives on a BYOD enabled device.
- This type of accessibility can unlock and enhance productivity for a mobile workforce, allowing them to work in whichever environment they choose while still being effective in their roles. Employee success is no longer tied to long hours “chained” to their desk. As businesses evolve and applications change, IT teams can adapt applications and seamlessly accommodate demands without requiring direct access to endpoint devices.
- Flexibility: Equipped with their own device and a DaaS offering, an employee is able to expand their “office” from the desktop to wherever Wi-Fi or data connectivity is available. Cloud services, along with a strong BYOD strategy, and solutions such as EMM and DaaS, work together to create a flexible workplace. Employees can use their devices, enterprises can still manage them through their BYOD policy, and DaaS can ensure delivery of secure, reliable access to the latest business applications.
So, while you’re creating your list of New Year’s resolutions, you can summarize your professional resolutions for more productivity, flexibility and simplicity by simply writing, “more cloud services!”
I look forward to sharing how Navisite is continuing to drive enterprise productivity in 2017 with innovations in cloud and through partnerships with leaders in workplace collaboration, such as Microsoft.
Whatever goals you set, I hope 2017 brings a year full of prosperity, both at home and in the office.
Learn more about the resources mobile workers need to be effective, the security risks IT needs to mitigate and the types of solutions available to address both in our webcast, “Embracing, Managing and Securing the Highly-Mobilized Workforce.”