Achieve BYOD security with a Desktop-as-a-Service solution.
The Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) trend is creating significant challenges for IT organizations that must figure out how best to provide support and set policies while ensuring BYOD security.
Mobile-Device security was easier in the past when IT provisioned, installed, updated and managed all individual devices. IT could easily choose apps and operating systems and set content controls to avoid security issues. If there was an issue with a corporate-owned device, it could simply be wiped clean. In today’s BYOD climate, with mobile security now needed on employee-owned devices, the same action would not only wipe out corporate data on a device but all of the employee’s non-work related apps, information and personal photos and videos as well.
As your workforce becomes more mobile, your IT team needs an easier way to ensure BYOD security while providing access from any location at any time to the tools, data and resources needed to ensure productivity and performance. Fortunately, Navisite’s Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) offerings provide a simple solution.
Navisite’s solution for BYOD security.
Navisite’s cloud-based virtual desktop solutions provide a DaaS model that addresses the challenges of desktop administration and management as well as BYOD security. With a cloud-hosted desktop solution, all the data stays in the data center where it can be protected by physical and logical BYOD and cloud security controls. If a mobile device is lost or an employee leaves the company, access to the desktop is simply disabled. Navisite’s DaaS solutions allow employees to have the control over which device they want to work on while giving IT control over corporate data, information and applications. DaaS provides a flexible, scalable and cost-effective way for IT organizations to address the demands of BYOD security head-on.
Multiple solutions for BYOD security.
As a DaaS provider, Navisite offers several solutions that can help to improve BYOD security while simplifying desktop management.
- NaviCloud® Desktops provides end-users with a persistent Windows desktop instance in the cloud and enables enterprises to quickly and easily disseminate business-critical desktop resources with full-featured desktop capabilities.
- NaviCloud® Sessions provides a non-persistent virtual desktop experience in the cloud that gives end-users access to the applications and resources they need without the potential for unnecessary accessibility or over-provisioning.
- NaviCloud® DaaS with Accelerated Graphics enables users that need premier desktop resources for design, engineering or other resource-intensive applications to benefit from cloud-based virtual desktops, powered by leading GPU technologies.
- Managed NaviCloud® DaaS provides consulting and implementation services for Navisite DaaS solutions, as well as desktop image creation and management, help desk support services and an array of additional services to simplify the tasks associated with desktop virtualization.
- NaviCloud® DaaS Sensitive Data Services provides customized delivery and support options and heightened BYOD security controls for organizations operating a DaaS ecosystem under strict or complex compliance and regulatory standards, such as HIPAA.
Learn more about BYOD security and other mobility management solutions from Navisite.