- Data collection
- Link to third party websites
- How we use your personal information
- Legal grounds for using your personal information
- Data sharing
- International data transfer
- Automated decisions about you
- Security and data retention
- Your rights over your personal information
- Your communication preferences
- Contact us
- Notification of changes
- Annex A: Notice regarding information collected through the Navisite services
Navisite is the sole owner of the information collected on the Websites. Navisite collects personal information from our users at several different points on our Websites.
Links to third-party websites
How we use your personal information
The information Navisite collects may be used to:
- provide, maintain, protect and personalize our services;
- improve the content of the Websites;
- customize the content and/or layout of the Websites’ pages for each individual user;
- notify users about updates to the Website(s);
- respond to requests for information;
- send newsletters;
- assess applications such as partner and job applications;
- contact you with marketing and offers relating to products and services offered by us (unless you have opted out of marketing, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so);
- personalize the marketing messages we send you;
- Shared with trusted vendors that partner with Navisite to deliver technology and support services in which you express interest. Where required by local law, we will obtain your consent before doing this;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies;
- communicate with you regarding your account or changes to our policies, terms and conditions;
- resolve complaints, as well as handle requests for data access or correction;
- protect your, our or others' rights and interests; or
Legal grounds for using your personal information
Some jurisdictions require a legal basis to use or process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfill any contractual obligations we may have to you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these contractual obligations;
- in order to comply with our legal obligations, for example to keep records of any services we provide you with as required by applicable law or regulation, or to comply with any governmental, quasi-governmental or court orders or subpoenas;
- where there is a public interest in the processing, for example where it is necessary in order to prevent and detect fraud; and
- to meet our or a third party's legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to develop new services, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to resolve any disputes. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to help ensure that your privacy is protected and that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
The information Navisite collects may be shared with third–party service providers for commercial purposes for services in which you express interest. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before doing this. Navisite provides your information to trusted vendors who work on behalf of or with Navisite and under confidentiality agreements to provide services such as help desk management and archiving services. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Our Websites offer publicly accessible blogs and testimonials. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at our preference center.
Navisite also shares your personal information in the event that Navisite, or any affiliated entity, or substantially all of its assets related to a particular geographical region, are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, user information may be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, we may share your personal information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
Aggregate data and information that otherwise is not personally identifiable to you may be disclosed to others.
International data transfer
We may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to our subsidiaries or service providers (working in conjunction with us or on our behalf) worldwide. Such transfers are made in accordance with applicable law.
Where you are based in the European Union you should be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
Automated decisions about you
We do not automatically process your personal information to make decisions or conduct 'profiling' about you.
Security and data retention
Navisite uses reasonable efforts to treat all consumer information, not just the sensitive and private information mentioned above, in a confidential manner. For example, the Websites, where technically feasible, enforce the encryption of sensitive data in transit using technologies such as secure socket layer (SSL). For managed messaging services, object layer encryption and transport layer encryption (TLS) are used to secure messages. Although Navisite has a base layer of security for all clients, each environment has additional controls that are sized and positioned based on individual client requirements. Navisite observes the core security concept, CIA Triad, of protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data. The policies, procedures, guidelines, baselines, and standards employed by Navisite in conjunction with the client’s team follow industry standard practices, where feasible. If you have any questions about security on our Websites, you can contact us using the details provided below.
We will only retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the services, maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes, comply with record retention requirements under the law, defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims, deal with disputes, and deal with any complaints regarding our services.
We, and our partners, affiliates, or analytics and online service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Websites, tracking users’ movements around the Websites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of the information on our Websites to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We and our third party partners use Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our Website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activity, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Navisite does not correlate this information with directly identifying information about individual users, with the exception of users of our Microsite. Navisite may provide aggregated cookie data to third parties for analysis purposes. Navisite is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
If you prefer not to receive cookies on Navisite’s Websites, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use any area of Navisite’s Websites.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Your rights over your personal information
Subject to local laws, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These include rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information using the contact details below if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us using the details below.
We will respond to your requests within a reasonable timeframe and any deadlines specified by local applicable law.
Your communication preferences
Through the Websites, Navisite provides users with the opportunity to subscribe to various sales and marketing communications. These communications include updates about Navisite, promotions, press releases, events, in the news information, and career opportunities. Users can update email preferences, or unsubscribe from Navisite sales and marketing communications, by updating their email preferences within the Navisite Email Preference Center, or by sending an email to Navisite at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the security on our Websites, you can contact us using the details below.
- You can send an email to email@example.com.
- You can phone us at +1 978-682-8300 ATTN: Marketing Department
- You can send mail using following postal address:
- Navisite, LLC ATTN: Marketing Department 400 Minuteman Road Andover, MA 01810
Notification of changes
If, however, we are going to use users' personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users by email or by posting a prominent notice on our Websites prior to implementing the change.
Notice regarding information collected through the Navisite services.
The use of information collected through our services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the services for which the Client has engaged Navisite.
Navisite may, in certain circumstances, have personal information of its clients’ clients transmitted into its data centers and has no direct relationship with the personal data of individuals of its clients. If you are a client of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our clients.
Any personal information that is transmitted in the provision of services will be processed or retained only as long as needed to provide services to our clients. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to Navisite’s client (the data controller).